Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A lovely afternoon

Right now, I am sitting in Café Nero. I just had the best day by myself. I woke up and figured out the directions to Waterstone's bookstore on Kings Road off of Sloane Square, so I could get a book for my travel writing class. After walking in a circle for a few minutes, I finally came across Kings Road and found the bookstore. I got my book and then decided to go do what my travel writing professor said to do, and do the readings for class in a new place, and NOT my flat. Not to mention, there has been ongoing construction in the flat next to us and I have been awoken by hammers and drills for the past two days now. 

I walked past a cute café called Ca'puccino on the way to the bookstore, so I decided to go there. I got a table for one by the window. . I ordered a Positano Panini (buffalo mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and basil pesto) and a Caffè Shakerato, which I later discovered was an iced coffee with Amaretto. I read the reading for this week during my lunch, but in between bites and sips, I eavesdropped on conversations around me, and people watched outside at the busy traffic on Kings Road. It was a great afternoon.




I then made my way to Piccadilly Circus to go to another Waterstone's location to get a second book for travel writing. I found my way, and then made it home successfully. The construction was still going on in my flat, so I decided to leave and find quiet (er) place to work. And here I am. I just finished the reading for class, and somehow managed to write a 600 word response to it. What am I doing? How did I become so studious? I'm ahead of my homework for the next week and a half or maybe two. I'm not sure. Either I'm ahead or my professors are just behind. Anyway, it's only just 4:30 and I've already done so much today. I almost don't want to go back to the flat because then what am I going to do with myself for the rest of the night? 

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment