Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Add/drop

I had my second day of classes today. My European Mass Media class (that will count as one of my selected topics journalism courses) has seven people in it. It wasn't as thrilling as my sociology class yesterday, but the material seems to involve a lot of my interests, as well as A POSSIBLE FIELD TRIP TO BBC.

My second class was Drama in the London Theatre, and I immediately knew after reading through the syllabus that I was going to drop it, especially since I just got approved to enroll in an online travel writing course that Ithaca only offers to students who are studying abroad. THe professor finally emailed me back and said he had read my articles on sumoskinny.com (from my time as a contributing writer last spring) and said they were very well done! I didn't even provide the links, he just found them and read some! That actually made me feel great, because I'm not too confident in my writing skills, but rather more in my broadcast abilities. There's probably something grammatically incorrect in that sentence, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I got it all sorted out, and now I only have to attend classes Monday and Wednesday from 10:15-1:45. My Monday class will eventually change from 9:30-12:30, (which is kind of annoying) but is still a perfectly good time for me. At least there is no such thing as an 8 a.m. course while studying abroad.




No comments:

Post a Comment